Online Reference Charts and Lists
- Manifest XML Format
- Metadata XML Format
- Sequencing XML Binding
- Run-time Reference Chart
- API Discovery Algorithms
- Sequencing Tracking Model
- Sequencing Definition Model
- Sequencing Pseudo Code
- SCORM Authoring Tools
- SCORM Usage Statistics (based on SCORM Cloud users)
Printable Reference Chart
- SCORM 2004 Reference Poster – A handy desk reference or wall poster containing a complete reference of SCORM 2004 3rd Edition.
- SCORM 2004 Overview for Developers
- SCORM 1.2 Overview for Developers
- Benefits of SCORM
- Versions of SCORM
- Overriding the Default Sequencing Rules
- Conformance vs Compliance
- SCORM on Apple products (iOS, OSx)
- SCORM for LMS RFPs – (at least) 27 questions you should ask your LMS vendor about SCORM.
Sample SCORM Content
- The Golf Examples – A set of example courses that build on each other to demonstrate the creation of SCORM conformant content.
- Schema Definition Files – The XML schema definition files (.xsd and .dtd files) that define the format of the SCORM manifest file.
- SCORM Cloud – Upload your content and see how it runs in our SCORM delivery tool. Free at the trial level specifically to let you get under the hood to see how your content is really interacting with the LMS.
- Rustici Software’s Simple Content API – A free tool that helps convert simple static documents to be SCORM conformant.
- Presentations by Rustici Software that provide an overview of SCORM and discuss related standards development activity.
- SCORM Cookbook – A classic SCORM primer from the late Claude Ostyn.
- What is SCORM? [pdf]
- One-Minute SCORM Overview for Anyone [pdf]
- Improving the API Discovery Algorithm [pdf] [code]
- Que e SCORM – A Portuguese translation of “What is SCORM?”.
- Download the SCORM specifications, test suite, and other official resources
- Information on obtaining SCORM certification
- List of SCORM Certified Products
- SCORM discussion forums – note: ADL has taken these offline, hopefully we will be able to provide all of this great historical SCORM knowledge soon.
- Related Standards Organizations
- IEEE LTSC