Benefits of SCORM
SCORM allows your e-learning software to “play well” with products from other vendors.
When is SCORM a good fit?
When is SCORM a Good Fit?
You definitely want to be SCORM conformant if:
- You want to integrate with other vendors.
- You are creating a large library of learning objects.
- You are using an LMS to deliver and manage learning content.
- You are designing learning content that might be reused in other contexts.
- You are designing learning content that tracks learner performance.
When is SCORM Not a Good Fit?
SCORM is only useful in certain situations. SCORM is likely a poor fit or overkill if:
- You are designing simple, static hyperlinked content (like a web page)
- You just need to publish simple reference material
- You are using a single internal system that will never change
- You are developing non-traditional online learning such as advanced simulations and serious games. For non-traditional elearning, simulators and games, check out xAPI.
Questions about SCORM? Ask us anything.
Contact us if you need help adding SCORM to your eLearning product or platform.