Note: If you already have an LMS, then this page probably isn’t going to do you much good. Jump back over here to see what SCORM Cloud can do with your LMS.
Will SCORM Cloud do the trick? Do I need an LMS?
SCORM Cloud is something less than an LMS. At its core, it gives you a way to deliver content to a learner and track the results. That’s all that many organizations need. Others need the features of an LMS. The best way to find out if SCORM Cloud will work for you is to try it out for free and see if does what you need it to.
How is SCORM Cloud like an LMS?
SCORM Cloud is really good at what it does, and for many users it does just enough. If you just need these features and not all of the extras, give SCORM Cloud a try and see how it works for you:
- Host training and courses
- Create SCORM tests and quizzes
- Invite learners to experience your content
- Track content usage/completion/results based on individual users and the group
- Access unparalleled reporting about your courses and learners
What do LMSs offer that SCORM Cloud doesn’t?
Here are some features that aren’t in SCORM Cloud but can be found in full-featured LMSs:
- Tracking compliance requirements
- Competency management
- Talent management
- Manage users, roles, instructors, facilities
- Enrollment approval workflow
- e-Commerce for course enrollments
- Skill gap analysis
- Managing prerequisites and equivalencies
- Local installation
- Chat rooms
- Forums where learners can collaborate
- Dropbox section where admins can leave files for learners (PDF, Word doc, syllabus, etc.)
- Proprietary content types
- “Grade book” for keeping track of online and offline grades/scores
- Essay/file submission from learners
- Email integration (beyond invites)
- Announcements from admins to learners
- The ability for learners to check their grades
- Calendar integration
- Proprietary social networks inside the LMS
- Class roster available to learners
- Integrated wiki
- Video conferencing
- RSS notification integration
- Google maps integration (see where other learners are)
- Extensive personal profiles for learners
- Roster (view course takers profiles/photos)
- Site analytics (aside from course metrics tied to users)
- …many more